Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Who here takes Beverly Intl' Supps? Do you think they work?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who here takes Beverly Intl' Supps? Do you think they work?

    Just wondering who here in the nattie section is one of those people that are in the beverly no-nonsense magazine that can say that those are the only supps you use, and see honest true results!

    The first positive thing I can say about bev is, the new product they just introduced "up-list", is the real deal holyfield. I took just one scoop, not the recommended two scoops. When I came home from doing chest, and biceps I still felt full of blood..no joke! My wife even asked me are you taking something? I said of course not. So, it does work! I'll continue to use that.

    Also, I take their UMP (ultimate muscle protein), and can say that's the only protein shake that doesn't totally mess up my stomach. I love the way it tastes, and it keeps you full for a couple hours. I normally have a shake(2 scoops of UMP) with a organic baby sweet potato jar after my workouts and I feel wonderful afterwards, then eat when I shower about an hour after my workout.

    Just wondering if anybody else can vouch for their mass aminos, ultra 40 tabs, etc. What works, whats should be used, does everything in their need to be used?

    Thanks for any responses!
    40
    No - Bev Products For Me, That's All I take
    67.50%
    27
    Yes - Bev Products Are Terrible and Very Overpriced
    32.50%
    13
    Add me on Facebook - http://facebook.com/jason.lucchesi

  • #2
    Originally posted by jason.lucchesi View Post
    Just wondering who here in the nattie section is one of those people that are in the beverly no-nonsense magazine that can say that those are the only supps you use, and see honest true results!

    The first positive thing I can say about bev is, the new product they just introduced "up-list", is the real deal holyfield. I took just one scoop, not the recommended two scoops. When I came home from doing chest, and biceps I still felt full of blood..no joke! My wife even asked me are you taking something? I said of course not. So, it does work! I'll continue to use that.

    Also, I take their UMP (ultimate muscle protein), and can say that's the only protein shake that doesn't totally mess up my stomach. I love the way it tastes, and it keeps you full for a couple hours. I normally have a shake(2 scoops of UMP) with a organic baby sweet potato jar after my workouts and I feel wonderful afterwards, then eat when I shower about an hour after my workout.

    Just wondering if anybody else can vouch for their mass aminos, ultra 40 tabs, etc. What works, whats should be used, does everything in their need to be used?

    Thanks for any responses!
    I personally think the mass amino's thing is a little old school. Save your money. I would personally stick with something like Extend. You get an ample dose of Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine. All other aminos you can get enough from your daily diet, especially if your planning on doing keto where protein is always high.

    Listen to Layne's interview on MD. He does a great job of explaining the value of added Leucine.

    Beverly supps IMO are way overpriced.

    Comment


    • #3
      I get the Beverly newsletter religiously. I love their articles on contest prep and diet. Lots of help. Its obv. targeted to the 'natural bodybuilder". I haven't tried all of their supps, just a few. Their Glutamine select may work, I didn't notice anything special as oppose to other competitors, other than the black cherry tastes like shit in my opinion. The Ultra-40 liver tabs are over-priced, you can get 500 tabs for a quarter the price from Universal.( of course Beverly's big emphasis is quality, one of those cost vs. price comparisons). I have used the mass-aminos and actually liked these, but Xtend is a very good product in comparison as well. The protein is good tasting, however i think they need to up the servings they offer...esp. versus their price. I'll use some, but I'm a mix and matcher, I use what works for me, as I am sure most guys are like.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have been taking their choc. muscle provider, and their Glutamine select. I agree the black cherry taste is badd, but something I can deal with. As for the choc. muscle provider I love itt! I am very picky on my protein shakes so I defn think i will be sticking to it. I really do like their newsletter as well, I've learned alot by reading it.
        I agree I feel they need to up their servings as well. So expensive for soo little
        www.sexynutrition.com

        Comment


        • #5
          I was an employee of Roger and Sandy for over 5 years and now a user of their products for 10 years.

          Take out all personal relationships and bias and they are a good quality supplement. I have written a few articles on why they are not expensive supplements and will share my very brief thoughts below on why I feel this way.

          1) Grams of protein, amounts of BCAA's, EAA's and other things are not the real issue. The real issue is if you are taking the correct supplement for your goals and the quality of the product that you are taking. Many of us may not be aware that proteins are rated on a biological value based on the amount of those grams of protein that your body can actually use. Also who cares if a supplement contains a high percentage of a certain EAA, it is the amino acid profile as a whole that matters most.

          2) Trust in the product. There is something to be said for the personal integrity of knowing the character of the owners of a company. If you have intelligent people that genuinely look out for the best interest of people then I can guarantee the product that they are selling and the information they are providing are accurate.

          3) Price for the ingredients you are paying for. I was lucky enough to have insider information in the years I worked for Beverly. If I knew of something shady I would share it. In many many staff meetings it was stressed to us that Roger and Sandy had the opportunity to take short cuts to increase profit margins by either cutting the quality of the product or increasing profits by other means. Unless they completely lied to us (which would shock me) their response was always to keep the integrity of the product to the standard (or higher) that Jim Heflin set back in the 1960's.

          It has been about 3 years since I left the company and although I don't keep in touch much anymore, what I learned from that company in the years I was associated with them is invaluable. I now take other supplements but still to this day about 75% of the products I do take are Beverly. There are many many myths in the supplement industry that are all designed to go after our pocket book. Over the years I have learned that I have a budget that I need to stick to and then which supplements will be most beneficial for the budget that I have set for myself. Although I can find benefits in all of their supplements I have to find the ones that are most important and cost effective.

          Hence in a phrase; Beverly gives more bang for the buck!

          Comment


          • #6
            Their protein powders are top notch. Great quality and great taste! I highly recommend.
            WNBF PRO, TRAINER & GYM OWNER - www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by KelliJo14 View Post
              I have been taking their choc. muscle provider, and their Glutamine select. I agree the black cherry taste is badd, but something I can deal with. As for the choc. muscle provider I love itt! I am very picky on my protein shakes so I defn think i will be sticking to it. I really do like their newsletter as well, I've learned alot by reading it.
              I agree I feel they need to up their servings as well. So expensive for soo little

              a couple good sites to save your money on bev supps is vitaglo.com and fitrx.com

              very low prices compared to bev direct
              Add me on Facebook - http://facebook.com/jason.lucchesi

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by miahjenn View Post
                I was an employee of Roger and Sandy for over 5 years and now a user of their products for 10 years.

                Take out all personal relationships and bias and they are a good quality supplement. I have written a few articles on why they are not expensive supplements and will share my very brief thoughts below on why I feel this way.

                1) Grams of protein, amounts of BCAA's, EAA's and other things are not the real issue. The real issue is if you are taking the correct supplement for your goals and the quality of the product that you are taking. Many of us may not be aware that proteins are rated on a biological value based on the amount of those grams of protein that your body can actually use. Also who cares if a supplement contains a high percentage of a certain EAA, it is the amino acid profile as a whole that matters most.

                2) Trust in the product. There is something to be said for the personal integrity of knowing the character of the owners of a company. If you have intelligent people that genuinely look out for the best interest of people then I can guarantee the product that they are selling and the information they are providing are accurate.

                3) Price for the ingredients you are paying for. I was lucky enough to have insider information in the years I worked for Beverly. If I knew of something shady I would share it. In many many staff meetings it was stressed to us that Roger and Sandy had the opportunity to take short cuts to increase profit margins by either cutting the quality of the product or increasing profits by other means. Unless they completely lied to us (which would shock me) their response was always to keep the integrity of the product to the standard (or higher) that Jim Heflin set back in the 1960's.

                It has been about 3 years since I left the company and although I don't keep in touch much anymore, what I learned from that company in the years I was associated with them is invaluable. I now take other supplements but still to this day about 75% of the products I do take are Beverly. There are many many myths in the supplement industry that are all designed to go after our pocket book. Over the years I have learned that I have a budget that I need to stick to and then which supplements will be most beneficial for the budget that I have set for myself. Although I can find benefits in all of their supplements I have to find the ones that are most important and cost effective.

                Hence in a phrase; Beverly gives more bang for the buck!
                So what's the other 25% of your supplements your taking right now?

                Also, thanks for such a long comprehensive overview on Beverly.
                Add me on Facebook - http://facebook.com/jason.lucchesi

                Comment


                • #9
                  I on the other hand do not take the supplements due to the fact that Im poor!!! i go w/ scivation protien. Its high quality and 57 bucks for 10 lbs right now at dps. Cant beat it in my book.
                  Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
                  F.I.T. Corps

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Another Great site to order from is Vincesmuscleshop.com. No matter how much you order, shipping is only $5 and its priority usps.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hype. Just another company selling over priced products.

                      I only order True Protein. I know exactly what I'm getting because one of they guys who is part of the company REFUSES to rip anybody off... which is why they are so cheap, don't advertise in magazines... and have guys sponsored by OTHER COMPANIES who still order their stuff from TP.

                      I know guys who are sponsored by Muscletech and Optimum who give or sell their freebees to friends... then turn around and order TP.

                      Also, people who are "in to" BI products seem like they're gullible... almost as if somebody "sold" them into thinking these products are that much better... when in reality, they are just another company selling basic nutrition items.

                      That, and no offense... but are you trying to sell these products yourself Jason? I clicked on your myspace. I felt like I was up late at nite watching those two midgets on the informercial. At least the ShamWOW would get some use if somebody gave one to me.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jason.lucchesi View Post
                        So what's the other 25% of your supplements your taking right now?
                        I take pure glutamine and creatine. I use Slin-Trol by Natty Nutrition, different ECA and YCA stacks as well as trying the Novadex product by Gaspari.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Big Dave Smith View Post
                          Hype. Just another company selling over priced products.

                          I only order True Protein. I know exactly what I'm getting because one of they guys who is part of the company REFUSES to rip anybody off... which is why they are so cheap, don't advertise in magazines... and have guys sponsored by OTHER COMPANIES who still order their stuff from TP.

                          I know guys who are sponsored by Muscletech and Optimum who give or sell their freebees to friends... then turn around and order TP.

                          Also, people who are "in to" BI products seem like they're gullible... almost as if somebody "sold" them into thinking these products are that much better... when in reality, they are just another company selling basic nutrition items.

                          That, and no offense... but are you trying to sell these products yourself Jason? I clicked on your myspace. I felt like I was up late at nite watching those two midgets on the informercial. At least the ShamWOW would get some use if somebody gave one to me.
                          Well can you tell me the basis to what you are saying about the quality of True Protein products and also basis on what you mention about BI selling basic nutrition items.

                          Did the guy who you trust at True Protein tell you he has a good "quality" product and you trust what he says or did you have proof to make this statement about him having a good quality product and other products being crap or just like everyone else and overhyped.

                          Quality is word that almost every single product says they are but in reality what does quality actually mean?

                          What does it mean to have a quality product?

                          What grades of proteins do they use?

                          What is their price from the lab to actually produce their product per lb?

                          And in the ingredient list as mentioned above what is the grade of the powder they are using and what percentage of each of the ingredients make up the ingredient list?

                          Give me a good answer to these questions because unless you can truly answer these questions then you are just another guy who had some dude tell you that he has good quality products!
                          www.competitionprep.com :: www.jeremiahforster.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Big Dave Smith View Post
                            Hype. Just another company selling over priced products.

                            I only order True Protein. I know exactly what I'm getting because one of they guys who is part of the company REFUSES to rip anybody off... which is why they are so cheap, don't advertise in magazines... and have guys sponsored by OTHER COMPANIES who still order their stuff from TP.

                            I know guys who are sponsored by Muscletech and Optimum who give or sell their freebees to friends... then turn around and order TP.

                            Also, people who are "in to" BI products seem like they're gullible... almost as if somebody "sold" them into thinking these products are that much better... when in reality, they are just another company selling basic nutrition items.

                            That, and no offense... but are you trying to sell these products yourself Jason? I clicked on your myspace. I felt like I was up late at nite watching those two midgets on the informercial. At least the ShamWOW would get some use if somebody gave one to me.
                            Nope, I'm not selling Bev products.

                            What I do personally is way bigger then selling products. I'm not here to pitch anybody on anything I do. I'm here because I love the sport and that's it.
                            Add me on Facebook - http://facebook.com/jason.lucchesi

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jeremiah.forster View Post

                              Give me a good answer to these questions because unless you can truly answer these questions then you are just another guy who had some dude tell you that he has good quality products!

                              Awesome response Jeremiah!

                              Let's see if Big Dave responds. I'm curious...
                              Add me on Facebook - http://facebook.com/jason.lucchesi

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X