Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What the hell?? Cant fit high end designer clothes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell?? Cant fit high end designer clothes.

Im not nearly as big as a lot of you on this site but im sure you may have experienced my problem. I just received a this kool blazer that i purchased online today and to my dismay that shit was tight on me. Im usually an XL in all clothes. But because this happened to be some high end label im learning that they make their clothes for human toothpicks. Last week i had the same problem when trying on jeans. They were well known brands such as Seven jeans, Rock & religion, and even True religion jeans all retailed at 200 bucks and up and they were all skin tight on the thighs and i even went up to a size 40 (my normal size is 34) and they were still tight. This is so annoying. So im curious do big guys just wear sweats and t-shirts 24-7? Can we never fit and wear some of the more expensive and high end clothing?? I just needed to vent. Thanks guys. Below is a pic of the blazer that i wanted badly but have to send back cause its tight and they have no bigger sizes thatn XL

Last edited by Mumm-ra; March 13, 2007, 10:33 PM. Reason: font size

I feel your pain bro. I've ripped 2 pairs of very expensive jeans just sitting down before. I've had to wear baggy jeans before I ever started working out because of my quads. All of my jeans are baggy or carpenter fit. Those lowrise with the tight thighs? That shit will not fly for a bodybulider or anyone with decent quads. Have had the same problem with shirts and jackets as well. Most of my clothes are either sports wear or baggy jeans. Of coarse, you can have stuff tailored, but I'm not that big yet.
    ON/ABB Sponsored Athlete www.optimumnutrition.com

Comment

Welcome the bigs bro! You can forget about all of that shit. They are made for average sized cats.
      Nutrex Research
      Exercise Science BS, CSCS

Comment

For very nice dress cloths you have to get them custom made or tailored quite a bit, for normal cloths like jeans and T-shirts it's easy to find some that fit any type of body.

Comment

I know thy pain....in those fits I go XXXl. Their cut for thin male models.
          Natural Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

...funny when u ask for a XXXL and they say they ony hav it in XL or XXL, and then u try it and its tight as hell.. starting to make me feel like i'm the problem.. half my t-shirts dont fit anymore, sure they look good tight and all, but at this point i think ppl think i buy them just to show off my muscles... cant win
            Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

I knew i wasnt alone but its just good to actually hear it, thanks guys for sharing the grief with me.

Comment

Very shitty man and I feel your pain. For me I have found Burberry and Lacoste to have larger sized shirts that fit muscular men (I'm about 250lbs). For jeans I wear Mavi or Adriano Goldschmeid. I've worn the crotch out of so many jeans it's not even funny.

This is one of the downsides of being a bodybuilder. When shopping I actually think to my self will I be wearing this when I'm bulked or cut.
                Heretic

Comment

HAHA...the secret is to look at the "clearance rack". After years of dressing well or what is the new lingo..lol, Metro....I found simply shot over to the discount section and save time! Most peeps don't buy double or triple Xl and the store needs to move inventory, so in hind sight it works out well.
                  Don't pay SRP and keep the savings for chicken breast!
                  Natural Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

I think all of us that compete have off-season and pre-contest clothes...lmao. When your weight jumps 40 pounds you kind of have no choice.
                    Nutrex Research
                    Exercise Science BS, CSCS

Comment

My goal in life is just to actually fill out my clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
                        My goal in life is just to actually fill out my clothes.

HAHA...ain't that it.
                        Natural Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

Nutratroy, I cannot even begin to tell you...

I pass the Under Armour test... I look like I acually should be wearing something like that... but anything else, it is a toss up...

Comment

Originally posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
                            Nutratroy, I cannot even begin to tell you...

I pass the Under Armour test... I look like I acually should be wearing something like that... but anything else, it is a toss up...
                            Nah, I totally understand. I like under armour, but every one wears it now...i just stay covered up.

Silverback is right, off season is dfferent then contest. But being 6'2 is a hard fit, cus the long sleeves come down about mid-arm! Plus, I also hate when the shirts shrink. Reguardless if I am on point for a show or not, but my second passion is buying/wearing nice clothes (actually thinking of opening up a clothes stores for fashion and bigger men with my pal out west) so I took this thread to heart.

But, I totally agree with this post, it is very hard to find clothes that fit bodybuilders. I guess that is why most just wear gym sweats every day...lol.
                            Natural Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

Originally posted by nutratroy View Post

But, I totally agree with this post, it is very hard to find clothes that fit bodybuilders. I guess that is why most just wear gym sweats every day...lol.
                              I never even considered that. Of course, I do it because... like I said, I just want to be able to fill my clothes out, which I do not... so jogging pants and gym sweats work good for me...

Plus... and this carries over from something I started as a youth... should I have to get into a physical altercation, I do not want to have to worry about my clothes getting ripped, dirty, etc. The more loose the clothing, the better.

Comment

Working...
                              X