Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

genetics play TOO big of a role (my friend just took 1st in a show.. didnt even diet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• genetics play TOO big of a role (my friend just took 1st in a show.. didnt even diet)

did a tested NGA show out in idaho i believe it was

took 1st overall (Tim Beamer)

pics arent up, last time i checked at least

but this guy walks around, 52 weeks a year, with lee priest/frank mcgrath forearms, and striated glutes/split hams, ALWAYS... he keeps diet clean, like we all do, but he didnt even diet down for the show, didnt mess with carbs, sodium, dehydrating, or anything

he was like 2 weeks out still munching on burritos, nachos, pizza, etc, and i asked him what he's going to do about carbs the next week, "ehhh.. nothing prolly man.. i like how i look now, i might just go on like this"
    and he did, and took 1st

-_-

You shouldn't have mentioned his name, otherwise I would have guessed that your friend is Micheal Lockett!
    http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...n?goto=newpost

Comment

Back in 2004, I competed against Chris Motil, pictured below.

I dieted for 20 weeks, he dieted for 1 week. I got 4th place, he got 2nd place!

Life's a bitch LOL!!!

BIG ACH - Competitive Natural Bodybuilder
      WWW.BIGACH.COM

Comment

genetics are in any sport. you can't change them so there is no point boo hooing over them
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

Rule #1 , especially in natural bodybuilding. Never believe a word someone says that preaches about there genetics. I dont care if you know him well or not , dont believe a guy like motil saying that he only dieted for a week. Because if that was the case, he would be ripped to the bone every show he did, because even if he is "a little less lean" in the offseason for his next show, he would be able to make a small adjustment and diet for 2 or 3 weeks for a show sometime to look reach peek potential.

Comment

Originally posted by paulwnbf View Post
            Rule #1 , especially in natural bodybuilding. Never believe a word someone says that preaches about there genetics. I dont care if you know him well or not , dont believe a guy like motil saying that he only dieted for a week. Because if that was the case, he would be ripped to the bone every show he did, because even if he is "a little less lean" in the offseason for his next show, he would be able to make a small adjustment and diet for 2 or 3 weeks for a show sometime to look reach peek potential.
            This was my first show at 19. Two weeks dieting. I actually lost a bit of muscle and started out REALLY close to this condition. And I would eat ANYTHING I wanted previous to the two week diet. I actually had a Baskin Robbins large chocolate shake and a huge plate of homecooked cheese lasagna the night before the show. It was a 14 day diet because 15 days before the show I had never considered doing a show myself. The owner of the gym talked me into it that night, gave me a diet and helped me with posing every day leading into the show.

Comment

Originally posted by NowYourDeadSon View Post
              did a tested NGA show out in idaho i believe it was

took 1st overall (Tim Beamer)

pics arent up, last time i checked at least

but this guy walks around, 52 weeks a year, with lee priest/frank mcgrath forearms, and striated glutes/split hams, ALWAYS... he keeps diet clean, like we all do, but he didnt even diet down for the show, didnt mess with carbs, sodium, dehydrating, or anything

he was like 2 weeks out still munching on burritos, nachos, pizza, etc, and i asked him what he's going to do about carbs the next week, "ehhh.. nothing prolly man.. i like how i look now, i might just go on like this"
              and he did, and took 1st

-_-
              As I have said many times, THE most important thing you can do to succeed in bbing, is pick the right parents.
              Will Brink @ www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

I have great genetics (for sumo wrestling)!!! I do not care though. Too mant people blame their bad genetics for not reaching the physique they want. I think we could do it, just work a little harder.
                http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/sjschumaker/

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                  This was my first show at 19. Two weeks dieting. I actually lost a bit of muscle and started out REALLY close to this condition. And I would eat ANYTHING I wanted previous to the two week diet. I actually had a Baskin Robbins large chocolate shake and a huge plate of homecooked cheese lasagna the night before the show. It was a 14 day diet because 15 days before the show I had never considered doing a show myself. The owner of the gym talked me into it that night, gave me a diet and helped me with posing every day leading into the show.
                  When I was young I was the same way. How I miss those days. Now looking at Baskins robbins makes me fat.

Comment

Originally posted by shoe View Post
                    I have great genetics (for sumo wrestling)!!! I do not care though. Too mant people blame their bad genetics for not reaching the physique they want. I think we could do it, just work a little harder.
                    Genetics are the law.

Genetics determine things that directly impact training end results as to physique appearance like height, skeletal structure like clavicle length, pelvic width, and humeral, femoral bone length, muscle insertion lengths, torso length, ect and those things you cannot change regardless of how hard you work.

Genetics also impact training progress and training results in areas like metabolism/physiology.

Best thing to do is just work hard with what you are given, change what you can outside the limitations that are determined by genetics.
                    My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by DBowden View Post
                      Genetics are the law.

Genetics determine things that directly impact training end results as to physique appearance like height, skeletal structure like clavicle length, pelvic width, and humeral, femoral bone length, muscle insertion lengths, torso length, ect and those things you cannot change regardless of how hard you work.

Genetics also impact training progress and training results in areas like metabolism/physiology.

Best thing to do is just work hard with what you are given, change what you can outside the limitations that are determined by genetics.
                      Yes. I agree. But alot of people with decent genes will blame "poor genes" for their lack of progress, when it is usually another factor. I used to blame my fat family for my not being able to get striations. I found that I have to diet way longer and harder. I have wide hips which makes me look blocky and that is something that I have to live with.

Comment

Genetics do play a large role in structure fat loss ect, but its no excuse to blame failing it on that. I hear to many people complaing about being ectomporphs too, with proper training these factors become minimal.

Comment

yeah this sport is probably the sport where genetics play the biggest role. I remember this guy I worked with at the gym . He would be sitting there eating nothing but KFC and mcdonalds and was shredded all the time. He ended up having 4% bf when he got tested and was over 200 pounds. Man it would be nice to be like that. The guys had no clue what was good to eat or not. I remember joking to him about the chocolate muffin he was eating and he asked me if they were bad to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by shoe View Post
                            Yes. I agree. But alot of people with decent genes will blame "poor genes" for their lack of progress, when it is usually another factor. I used to blame my fat family for my not being able to get striations. I found that I have to diet way longer and harder. I have wide hips which makes me look blocky and that is something that I have to live with.

i'm by no means saying i have bad genetics

i'm 6'7 and 255 lbs @ 14-15% bf or so
                            but like you, i do have one hindrance that cannot be worked off, and thats block ass wide child bearing hips.. i'm working as hard as i can with what i've got, and not complaining at all.. just pointing out how huge a role they play, all of you already know that, but it really hit me when i was talking to him

Comment

I have a buddy who is the same way as the guy you know. He dieted 3 weeks and won his weight class in his first show. Now he calls me all the time and asks me if what he is eating is going to make him fat...... I do not think he could get fat if he wanted too. His problem is, now he is not going to add any mass cause he will not eat enough with fear of fatness

Comment

Working...
                              X