Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

genetics play TOO big of a role (my friend just took 1st in a show.. didnt even diet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlakeSelby
    replied
    Originally posted by Zen_Lifter View Post
    That isn't a good comaprison either...in Wal-Mart you see average genetics, combined with average lifestyle. Skip breakfast, eat a fast food lunch, and a big dinner...sit and couch and watch tv...repeat.

You are a product of your genetics and your environment. All we can do..and worry about is creating an environment that will best enhance our physique
    True, it's not a foolproof comparison.

Totally agree brother. Besides, nothing in science seems "fair" or "unfair", take natural selection for ex. It's not that the gorilla born without genitalia didn't TRY to pass on it's genetics, it's just that it didnt occur. There may have been a gorilla that had success with 1/10 the effort because it was suited for the task.

Leave a comment:

• almard
    replied
    ok, genetics play big of a role....so what ? stop training, diet and looks fat ugly as hell or keep training and do your best to looks good!!!, It's your choice...UP to you.

Leave a comment:

• Zen_Lifter
    replied
    Originally posted by BlakeSelby View Post
    Go into Wal-mart... look around... those are average genetics.

-B
    That isn't a good comaprison either...in Wal-Mart you see average genetics, combined with average lifestyle. Skip breakfast, eat a fast food lunch, and a big dinner...sit and couch and watch tv...repeat.

You are a product of your genetics and your environment. All we can do..and worry about is creating an environment that will best enhance our physique

Leave a comment:

• BlakeSelby
    replied
    Originally posted by GeorgeForemanRules View Post
    I am glad you did not post a pic that was 25 years old.

His genetics are very average by the way.
    Go into Wal-mart... look around... those are average genetics.

-B

Leave a comment:

• CATABOLIC1
    replied
    Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
    This was my first show at 19. Two weeks dieting. I actually lost a bit of muscle and started out REALLY close to this condition. And I would eat ANYTHING I wanted previous to the two week diet. I actually had a Baskin Robbins large chocolate shake and a huge plate of homecooked cheese lasagna the night before the show. It was a 14 day diet because 15 days before the show I had never considered doing a show myself. The owner of the gym talked me into it that night, gave me a diet and helped me with posing every day leading into the show.
    BEEEEEEEFFFF!!!!

JESUS CHRIST! ARE YOU STILL BRINGING THE MASS LIKE THAT NOWADAYS??

Leave a comment:

• SEVER
    replied
    Genetics are overrated. Too often they are an excuse for failure. A good friend of mine I used to go to the gym with was always complaining about how bad his genetics were. According to him, they were the only reason of him not having a great body. You should have seen this guy's workouts. They were damn ridiculous; first of all, NEVER working to failure (god forbid!), never training more than three times per week (usually it was one or two times per week), never training longer than 45 minutes (because, according to him, "your levels of testosterone go down after 45 minutes of training" - with his kind of "intensity", I seriously doubt they ever went up or down as a result of his workouts) and then, just when you thought you've seen it all, you would see him doing 50 lbs deadlifts or 40 lbs squats (I'm not exaggerating) and they weren't the end of a drop set. How did he ever find out he had bad genetics??? He never gave his body a decent workout! I bet there's a lot of guys out there complaining about their genetics that have quite a bit in common with my friend.

Leave a comment:

• lvtolft
    replied
    The guy looks great, but you don't have to exaggerate to make him any more special.
    At the beginning, you stated that he at clean like the rest of us, then you said all he its is "nachos and burritos and shit".
    You then said he maintains his condition year round, than said he loses a lot of muscle mass when he is hiking and climbing. You are telling too many stories to "prove" to us how good he is. You don't need to man, I think we all appreciate hard work.

Leave a comment:

• TheSpirit
    replied
    Originally posted by NowYourDeadSon View Post
    this is 3 years old, he's WAY bigger now

but he holds that kind of conditioning year round, 52 weeks a year he looks like that, and he eats nachos and burritos and shit all the time

LOL

dudes been competing for a long time. He dieted abit. He lied to you. What he has is muscle maturity and even at higher bodyfat he would still look like he is in better condition because he has more muscle on his body. 6% bodyfat on him will look like 4 percent on someone with less muscle.

Leave a comment:

• lil mama
    replied
    Yep, I totally agree not only awesome but yummy goodlooking 2. How old were u in that pic Vulcan? Ohhhh post that pic in the sexy mens thread

Originally posted by Cobra View Post
    Damn Vulcan, you looked awesome.

Leave a comment:

• NowYourDeadSon
    replied
    Originally posted by ForemanRules View Post

thats the most idiotic post i've ever seen from you

someone who can maintain that level of physique year round without a strict diet does not have AVERAGE genetics..

and if i had a newer pic, dont you think i'd post that?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by NowYourDeadSon View Post
    this is 3 years old, he's WAY bigger now

but he holds that kind of conditioning year round, 52 weeks a year he looks like that, and he eats nachos and burritos and shit all the time

Leave a comment:

• bunny wigglesworth
    replied
    with me..its the leaner i get the more junk i can eat without putting as much fat on...

Leave a comment:

• Sexybeast777
    replied
    Genetics is everything, it is what it is

Leave a comment:

• MEAT ROCKET
    replied
    Damn Vulcan, you looked awesome.

Leave a comment:

• NowYourDeadSon
    replied
    Originally posted by MDur8 View Post
    I saw this guy when he won his pro card with the ocb a couple years ago in Az...He was shredded

he's ALWAYS shredded.. he is a mountain climber/hiker, so he loses tons and tons of weight off season when he's hiking (muscle mass), then just builds it right back for shows somehow

freak of nature

Leave a comment:

Working...
X