Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Team U Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team U Journal

I've been keeping a training journal in the master's section, however with less than 12 weeks until Team U, it just seemed to make more sense to post it in the nattie section.

Training has been going great. I'm really happy with my conditioning at this point (~11.5 weeks out). However, I know I still have a long road ahead of me to reach the level of conditioning that I set as my goal.

I made a small change in my nutrition plan this week. My first and last meals of the day have been altered slightly. Instead of 2 whole eggs and 4 whites, I switched it to 1 whole egg and 5 whites.

My nutrition plan now looks as follows:

Training Days:
    Meal #1: 6 eggs (one whole, 5 whites)
    Meal #2: 2 Scoops whey/TBSP PB (after training)
    Meal #3: Can Tuna/Salad Greens/TBSP Vega Oil(Omega 3,6 blend)
    Meal #4: 2 Scoops whey/TBSP PB
    Meal #5: 8 oz. Tilapia/serving broccoli/TBSP PB
    Meal #6: 6 eggs (one whole, 5 whites)

Non-training (Sundays):
    Meal #1: 6 eggs (one whole, 5 whites)
    Meal #2: 2 Scoops whey/TBSP PB
    Meal #3: Can Tuna/Salad Greens/TBSP Vega Oil
    Meal #4: 8 oz. Tilapia/serving broccoli/TBSP PB
    Meal #5: 6 eggs (one whole, 5 whites)

I interchange my tuna meal with my tilapia meal. Depends whatever I'm in the mood for.

In regards to cardio, I upped my post leg workout cardio session (today) to 50 minutes. Cardio sessions on other training days have been increased to 60 minutes. Non training cardio days will be increased to 75 minutes.

Hopefully, within the next couple of days I'll post some updated progress pics.
    Joe DeMarco
    2007 NPC Lightweight Masters National Champion

Looking forward to reading your journal Joe!

Comment

Been busy training and haven't had a chance to update recently. Everything is going as planned. I switched cardio over to double sessions this week. It doesn't get anymore fun then that.

With my weekly cardio increases, I have been holding my diet pretty steady each week and continue to make excellent progress.

I have some good separation and cross striations happening all over. I grabbed a quick pic (it's a little blury) that shows the cross striations coming in at my triceps.
      Attached Files
      Joe DeMarco

Comment

ummm....updates! Looking good man hope plans are still moving forward!

Comment

have u always did the no carb diet
          http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ygbodybuilder10/

Comment

Crazy diet! No Carbs..you're a champ. What are the Calorie Totals on that?

Comment

agreee i would be a zombie with no carbs

Comment

Originally posted by phenom-one View Post
                ummm....updates! Looking good man hope plans are still moving forward!
                Sorry I haven't updated. Just been crazy with work and training. Been on double session cardio, etc. I will try to post an updated diet and pics soon. All in all, things are going very very well though! Can't wait until September.

Originally posted by gangsta1087 View Post
                have u always did the no carb diet
                No, this is my first time working with a no carb diet. However, I've made some major adjustments, which I will post shortly.

Originally posted by palequail View Post
                Crazy diet! No Carbs..you're a champ. What are the Calorie Totals on that?
                Running no carbs really isn't so bad. Your body makes adjustments and you actually feel fine. I also found that taking in more fats kept me less hungry!

Originally posted by ryrysimon View Post
                agreee i would be a zombie with no carbs
                Your body goes into ketosis and begins burning fat as it's primary energy source. You might feel like a zombie for the first few days, but once the switch happens, you feel great.
                Joe DeMarco

Comment

Couple quick pics of the legs last night at about 5.5 weeks out. I'm hold a lot of water at this time because of the amount of sodium I'm taking in. I'm about 10 pounds over my weight class at this point. I should have no problem getting my skin to look like saran wrap when the water comes out and I drop the 10 pounds.
                  Attached Files
                  Joe DeMarco

Comment

looking good buddy...I know a lot of peoplle like doing those keto diets and what not..but your legs look like there coming in righ ton point, good separation and your tricep si looking crazy!!!keep it coming!
                    AAEFX Board Rep....www.aaefx.com

Comment

Originally posted by proteinshake03 View Post
                      looking good buddy...I know a lot of peoplle like doing those keto diets and what not..but your legs look like there coming in righ ton point, good separation and your tricep si looking crazy!!!keep it coming!
                      Thanks! I feel really good at 4 weeks out. Everything is right on schedule. I know I definitely added some muscle the past couple of years because I am just as hard as in 2007 but still have about 8 pounds to drop to make my weight class.
                      Joe DeMarco

Comment

hey Joe how did you do man? curious to know
                        hope you did well i am sure you did

Comment

Originally posted by bigm123 View Post
                          hey Joe how did you do man? curious to know
                          hope you did well i am sure you did
                          2nd - lightweights
                          Joe DeMarco