Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

blood work and guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blood work and guidance

Hello folks, I do not do any steriods. I stick with the basics. Whey proteins, food, Kre Alkalyn and sometimes experiment with energy stuff along the way. Having said this I have questions.

In August I had my annual physical via the blood. Work intially I only got a partial results things showing everything seemed to be ok. I asked for detailed report and I got it today.

I would like 1 of 2 things.

What things should I look for in it when it comes to weightlifting? I know some people use their results to find out if they are ready for steriods. I will not walk down the road. I am intereted in general stuff because I am not educated enough to interpret everything in it.

OR

I would like to PM someone and discuss it with someone who is in the know. I just want insight.

Anybody open??

I dont think I understand the question. Is it "what things should you look for when it comes to weight lifting"? If your not looking to change the levels exogenously I dont know what difference it makes unless you have some health problems. None the less, In order to have anyone interpret your results you will be requested to post them.

B

Comment

When I see people who are wanting to use enhancers they are told to get blood work done and check on specific areas in the results. I don't know enough about what those specific areas are too see but I am thinking that one of them is testosterone levels, high or low.

I have no intention of using enhancers like so many use but I am curious as to what I should look for in my system to find out if I need an extra boost in my lifting without the steroids.

I saw result of creatinine in my bloodwork. before I had this done I hadn't lifted much in about 2 months. I usually use Kre ALkalyn.

Is there a link to explain these things to me?

Comment

Originally posted by DEADn View Post
        When I see people who are wanting to use enhancers they are told to get blood work done and check on specific areas in the results. I don't know enough about what those specific areas are too see but I am thinking that one of them is testosterone levels, high or low.

I have no intention of using enhancers like so many use but I am curious as to what I should look for in my system to find out if I need an extra boost in my lifting without the steroids.

I saw result of creatinine in my bloodwork. before I had this done I hadn't lifted much in about 2 months. I usually use Kre ALkalyn.

Is there a link to explain these things to me?
        Read "It's In Your Blood" :

A down and dirty primer and intro to understanding the value of regular blood work with some strategies and pointers for optimizing hormones and other things that negatively or positively impact your health and ability to add lean body mass and minimize bodyfat levels
        One topic that seems to be a never-ending source of confusion is blood, or more precisely, understanding blood work and which tests to get and why. It never fails to amaze me that the vast majority of bodybuilders and other athletes have no issue spending literally thousands of dollars on supplements (some of which have virtually no science behind them to justify their use) and gym memberships each year, but won’t spend a penny on blood tests to see what’s really going on with their hormones and other indicators of health (e.g., cholesterol, liver function, etc.).

Cont:

http://www.brinkzone.com/blog/bodybu...in-your-blood/
        Will Brink @ www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Working...
        X