Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

squatting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squatting question

Im 19 yrs old 6ft 2 and 220. But my question is since im taller and have long legs are my knees at more of a risk if i squat butt to the floor?

Some people will tell you that it is not good to squat that far down and others will tell you it's ok. I think, and I'm quoting Dorian Yates, "If you feel it in your joints then you are going to heavy, but if you feel it in the muscle then your using the right weight." Bottom line, use good form and don't try and outlift everyone in the gym.

Comment

Thanks for the response. thats what i figured. I had just heard that some tall guys dont squat as low because of long legs. But unless it starts hurting my joints (like u said) i'll keep going low as possisble

Comment

I have heard others say that the lower you go the more you activate/work your glutes and going to parallel or slightly above parallel will keep the load on your quads. I always go slightly past parallel or a$$ to grass on lighter days.

Comment

Get low. It is not bad for your knees
          DEATH TO ALL BUT METAL

Comment

my butts not to big yet so i'll keep it low lol

Comment

for the longest time i squated narrow and low. now my ass and lower back are thick and strong im 6'1 and have no joint or knee problems.
              http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

Working...
              X