Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Aminos road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aminos road

I am not very clear on this and I need some enlightenment. Whey protein is loaded with Amino's so what is the purpose of taking BCAA's and/or EAA's apart from whey protein? Is it a difference of calories?

I just recently bought some Critical Aminos XT from Vitamin Shoppe because I figured that some Amino's, apart from whey protein, may help my system recover better. Seems my body has been sluggish lately. I am trying it out to see what happens.

What should a lifter be looking for when taking Amino's?
    I don't take alot of supplements btw. Whey protein is the biggest one. I also have some Animal PM and just bought the critical amino's. Otherwise i have a few other general supps for my overall health.

input??

the benefits of free form aminos absorb way quicker than the ones in your protein powder being they are bonded to a protein. Increasing your amino intake helps keep the muscles anabolic, helps with recovery and helps increase protein syspnthesis.
    AAEFX Board Rep....www.aaefx.com

Comment

Originally posted by proteinshake03 View Post
      the benefits of free form aminos absorb way quicker than the ones in your protein powder being they are bonded to a protein. Increasing your amino intake helps keep the muscles anabolic, helps with recovery and helps increase protein syspnthesis.
      So this means that EAA' are better than BCAA's? BCAA's are bonded are they not? I bought some critical amino xt from vitamin shoppe to test it out. It has some BCAA's in it. It is a melon flavor. A bit sweet and just short of tart and I find I have to mix it for a couple of minutes for it to dissolve otherwise it clumps together like oil and water.

Comment

Are you getting much protein from whole foods per day? if you are eating 1.25-1.5g per lb of BW i wouldn't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by v117 View Post
          Are you getting much protein from whole foods per day? if you are eating 1.25-1.5g per lb of BW i wouldn't bother.
          I am up and down with it. I have to becareful how much I eat because I have a sit down job and too many calories puts the fat on me very quickly.

Comment

Working...
          X