Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Protein Powders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egg whites.

Comment

I wanted to start a new thread, but I guess I can't yet. Apologies if it's not really relevant to this thread, but I have a question.

Because I've started the paleo diet, I have to avoid whey (and all dairy products) - but I don't know anybody in real life who uses anyhting but whey protein. I mean most people use whey as a synonym for protein powder in general lol... So my question is, are non-whey protein powders legit? I've been looking around and I think an egg-based protien powder like one of these is my best option cause I don't want to go with some weitrd vegan hemp stuff lol. I just want to make sure that this stuf actually works, I mean there must be a reason that EVERYONE uses whey... if it ain't broke don't fix it, right? Could somebody give me some advice if the egg protein I linked will work as well as whey? THanks a lot.

Comment

There are some beef based protein isolate powders. I have used them but I did not really like the taste. They mixed well, though, and unless they are lying on the label they are pretty good nutritionally. I think the brand was Carnivore.

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
          I wanted to start a new thread, but I guess I can't yet. Apologies if it's not really relevant to this thread, but I have a question.

Because I've started the paleo diet, I have to avoid whey (and all dairy products) - but I don't know anybody in real life who uses anyhting but whey protein. I mean most people use whey as a synonym for protein powder in general lol... So my question is, are non-whey protein powders legit? I've been looking around and I think an egg-based protien powder like one of these is my best option cause I don't want to go with some weitrd vegan hemp stuff lol. I just want to make sure that this stuf actually works, I mean there must be a reason that EVERYONE uses whey... if it ain't broke don't fix it, right? Could somebody give me some advice if the egg protein I linked will work as well as whey? THanks a lot.
          Originally posted by cybrsage View Post
          There are some beef based protein isolate powders. I have used them but I did not really like the taste. They mixed well, though, and unless they are lying on the label they are pretty good nutritionally. I think the brand was Carnivore.
          Thanks for your reply. Beef is a really interesting idea and I don't think I'd mind the taste to be honest. If anything.. I mean I love steak haha

Comment

Working...
          X