Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

How much you eat carbs per day..?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im on the anabolic diet. i average around 12g a day of carbs during the week and weekends i bump up to anywhere from 500-800g a day. luckily for me my body works well from fats.

Comment

• No more than 100-150g/day offseason and 50-60g/day pre-contest.
      For the moment I get most of my carbs from lowcarb-corn and a small amount of vitargo post training.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lethal Threath View Post
        No more than 100-150g/day offseason and 50-60g/day pre-contest.
        For the moment I get most of my carbs from lowcarb-corn and a small amount of vitargo post training.
        100-150grams off-season? how's the growth coming along ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SG_90 View Post
          100-150grams off-season? how's the growth coming along ?
          Got me 200-250g of delicious fats & 350-400g of musclebuilding proteins into the machinery every day.
          Keeps me in supershape at 4-5% 240lbs all year around.
          Just drop the carbs pre-contest, like 6w out, and comes in ripped and ready

Comment

• http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=51816

I eat 250-325 grams of carbs a day, variations between off days and training days. based on these shots is that to much for my somatotype?

Protein is 300-325 a day and fats a 80-100 a day. Using a DP offseason diet right now and have been since December 5th 2008. Seems to be working as for weight gain and strength gains so far, body comp is holding pretty well also.

Thoughts?
            MS - Human Sport Performance
            NSCA - CPT, CSCS

Comment

• Originally posted by oregonpanthers View Post
              http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=51816

I eat 250-325 grams of carbs a day, variations between off days and training days. based on these shots is that to much for my somatotype?

Protein is 300-325 a day and fats a 80-100 a day. Using a DP offseason diet right now and have been since December 5th 2008. Seems to be working as for weight gain and strength gains so far, body comp is holding pretty well also.

Thoughts?
              All you need for your somatotype is 50-60g carbs for meal 1, PWO, PWO2. When you increase cals from now on, simply leave those carbs in place, while adding fats.
              Myth's training blog:

Comment

• Originally posted by Myth View Post
                All you need for your somatotype is 50-60g carbs for meal 1, PWO, PWO2. When you increase cals from now on, simply leave those carbs in place, while adding fats.

Note taken! Thanks much Myth!

Fats are at 15g (1 Tbsp) per meal right now (except post workout) from olive oil, enova or sesame oils. That sound about right to you?

My post workout is vitargo, if I have 60 grams of that with 50 grams whey iso, my next whole food meal would then be fats and proteins right? How long would you suggest I wait to eat again? Right now its 90 minutes.
                NSCA - CPT, CSCS

Comment

• Originally posted by oregonpanthers View Post
                  Note taken! Thanks much Myth!

Fats are at 15g (1 Tbsp) per meal right now (except post workout) from olive oil, enova or sesame oils. That sound about right to you?
                  do LBM x .085-.115 for grams fat per meal, making sure to eat every 2.5-3 hrs you are awake (this is very important-->you don't ever want to risk cheating your metabolism by eating a set # meals with no regard to time spent awake, which is a primary constituent of BMR)

My post workout is vitargo, if I have 60 grams of that with 50 grams whey iso, my next whole food meal would then be fats and proteins right? How long would you suggest I wait to eat again? Right now its 90 minutes.
                  60-90' after PWO1 is the perfect time to eat PWO2
                  Myth's training blog:

Comment

• Thanks again Myth!
                    NSCA - CPT, CSCS

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsta View Post
                      Protein should be at 1.25 to 1.75 grams per lb of LBM for women. Carbs should be at 2.35 grams per lb of LBM minus 50 to 150. ALL macros divided evenly except for PWO. Carbs should be 1.5 of each meal and last meal .5

Directed to Tipsta...
                      What do you recommend for men for carb requirements if the above was stated for women?
                      "Don't wish for a lighter load, wish for broader shoulders." ~Michael J. Fox

Comment

• not sure how much. but all my carbs are from whole oats...
                        "Biggest Penis I've Ever Seen", Says My Blind Girfreind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvel View Post
                          Directed to Tipsta...
                          What do you recommend for men for carb requirements if the above was stated for women?

Actually I made a mistake in that post as Id never go that high in pro for women. 1.25 is sufficient.

Men I use 1.5 to 2 depending on restrictction of carbs and fats.
                          TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
                          Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

• Originally posted by buster12 View Post
                            not sure how much. but all my carbs are from whole oats...
                            Why???? Do you realize the power of a potato? Its a vegetable and that means POWER PACKED with nutrients to the point you can never match with any other carb or pill expecially its potassium content which is ONLY absorbable in food or liquid source.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Ok, feel free to clear this one up for me anyone...

There seems to be two forms of thought regarding Fat / Carbs for energy and muscle growth. One group says the body naturally prefers carbs for energy and it is essential to building muscle. The other group says carbs are like gasoline to the body but fat is like "jet fuel" and is the most anabolic energy source the body absolutely needs - hence "essential" fatty acids and once the body is switched to using fats for fuel it works and feels better overall. Again, I’m hearing carbs are essential and then carbs are not so essential.

Which approach to diet works best for losing fat and preserving or building muscle at the same time?
                              (High Pro/Fat – Low Carb w/ refeeds for glycogen purposes)
                              or
                              (High Pro/Carb - Low fat)

Is there a common ground to prove a clear answer to this or do we refer back to the “everyone’s body works differently”?
                              "Don't wish for a lighter load, wish for broader shoulders." ~Michael J. Fox

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvel View Post
                                Ok, feel free to clear this one up for me anyone...

There seems to be two forms of thought regarding Fat / Carbs for energy and muscle growth. One group says the body naturally prefers carbs for energy and it is essential to building muscle. The other group says carbs are like gasoline to the body but fat is like "jet fuel" and is the most anabolic energy source the body absolutely needs - hence "essential" fatty acids and once the body is switched to using fats for fuel it works and feels better overall. Again, I’m hearing carbs are essential and then carbs are not so essential.

Which approach to diet works best for losing fat and preserving or building muscle at the same time?
                                (High Pro/Fat – Low Carb w/ refeeds for glycogen purposes)
                                or
                                (High Pro/Carb - Low fat)

Is there a common ground to prove a clear answer to this or do we refer back to the “everyone’s body works differently”?

Is this a trick question because one is a contest protocol the other a weight gaining protocol. No high carb diet can ever fuel fat loss....Ever....

High Protein/Moderate carbs/Moderate Fat........

Comment

Working...
                                X