Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

How much you eat carbs per day..?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am between 350-400 a day, its all oatmeal, and brown rice. I mix ground turkey or ground beef in with the rice after its all cooked so it easier to get down.

Comment

Originally posted by Anssi Manninen
      Almost all (unless I just HAVE to have a 3muskateer bar, crabings suck) come from Rice, Oats or whatever. But I have no delusions of being single digit BF%'s... I prefer to eat, and be stronger and be bigger. Although I am not fat, around 13-15% at the most.
      Structureally i'm not a big guy, or naturally strong, my joints are almost the same size as my wifes, so if I do not eat high carbs my strength sucks.
      But by doing so I have managed over the years to go from 6-2 160 pounds, to around 235-240 pounds currently and have been as heavy as 270 pounds no more than 15%BF. Still have abs, just not etched and seperated.
      WWW.VIPBODYBUILDING.COM

Comment

WHOA 750 Grams! I don't think I could stomach that.

Comment

Right now I'm at somewhere between 40-100 g carbs a day since I'm cutting down. When I bulk I found I have to just overload my system as much as possible, so I don't eat less than 200g of carbs a sitting, though I'll have one meal a day that is about 400-500g of carbs about 2-3 hours before my workout. I know it's a lot but it's what's worked for me the best so far, and I never lose my abs even going a couple months of eating like that so I just chalk it up to having a hummingbird metabolism.
          I min/max my physique

Comment

high days can reach 700-900g carbs
            low days around 120g carbs
            TEAM MUSCLETECH

Elite Prep Athlete

www.thenextlevelnutrition.com

Comment

Originally posted by PECS
              When bulking I consume around 750 carbs a day.
              Is that a typo, PECS?

Comment

In the off-season I stay near 1,000 grams a day.
                Nutrex Research
                Exercise Science BS, CSCS

Comment

About double my bodyweight in grams on training days while bulking.

Comment

hey i ate 700 carbs a day for a little while. and a month later i began to look like I was 700lbs.
                    5% off at Trueprotein.com: RNM120

Comment

175-200g per day, clean carbs (40-60g of fiber per day) in a 2500 cal/day nutrition regimen.

Comment

Originally posted by silverbackn View Post
                        In the off-season I stay near 1,000 grams a day.

DAMN, no offense but are you a horse?
                        BEEFCAKE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zman View Post
                          DAMN, no offense but are you a horse?
                          I wouldn't take offense to being called a horse !!!!!

I weigh atleast 245 in the depths of my off-season. I still can't gain weight sadly enough. The heaviest I have ever been was 254. The good thing is that I can still eat a lot of carbs when I shift into pre-contest!!!
                          Nutrex Research

Comment

Moderate..200, no more than 300...stay leaner in offseason, wont kill yourself dieting. Alrready tried 900 gram days, had to diet 12 weeks up to 2.5 hrs cardio. replaced all those carbs with healthy fats and more protein, only dieting 8 weeks for next show

Comment

Originally posted by CaseyFathi View Post
                              Moderate..200, no more than 300...stay leaner in offseason, wont kill yourself dieting. Alrready tried 900 gram days, had to diet 12 weeks up to 2.5 hrs cardio. replaced all those carbs with healthy fats and more protein, only dieting 8 weeks for next show
                              I diet on that many carbs. I think it makes dieting harder when you keep your carbs low all the time. You have to cut them even further to change your body. Of course we are all different, I am only speaking on what works for me. I eat crazy high carbs in the off-season and still usually diet for 6-8 weeks with minimal cardio. Everyone is different.
                              Nutrex Research

Comment

in offseason I eat 500 on training days and around 375 on non training days

Comment

Working...
                                X