Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

How long should I rest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long should I rest?

Hey all. I'm currently doing a four day split:
    Chest/Triceps
    Shoulders
    Back/Biceps
    Legs Forearms.
    I don't want to over train so I'm going to rest after the four days. My question is should I rest for 1 day or 2? I'm not sure what the entire dynamics of resting are, but I know if I rest one day that will put me at a body part every 4 days. Anybody have any thoughts?
    Ben
    A country boy can survive ...

LemonPeppo Art
    www.lemonpeppo.com

Originally posted by gntlben View Post
    Hey all. I'm currently doing a four day split:
    Chest/Triceps
    Shoulders
    Back/Biceps
    Legs Forearms.
    I don't want to over train so I'm going to rest after the four days. My question is should I rest for 1 day or 2? I'm not sure what the entire dynamics of resting are, but I know if I rest one day that will put me at a body part every 4 days. Anybody have any thoughts?
    Ben

It depends on how you feel I guess. I personally like to workout like 5 or 6 days straight. If I do 5 days I take the weekend off. If I do 6 days I take sunday off. If you're doing 4 days of weightlifting how about 1 day of just a 30-45 minute cardio session.
    MOVE ON!!!! - BlueDevil

Comment

I do;
      M:arms
      T:chest
      W: off
      TH:legs
      F:shoulders
      Sa: off
      Su:back

It works for me. I have done lots of diff. ones, but for now i am with this. I like the breaks between chest and legs, and legs and back. Next week i think i am going to go back to

M: chest and bi's
      T: shoulders
      W: legs
      TH: back and tri's
      F: off
      Sa: off
      Su: start over again

I think it all depends on you. Just thought id tell you how i do.

Comment

Rest until you feel you should go back... I've done 6 on 1 off before... I do 5 on 2 off now... Whatever... i'll go another day if I feel like it.

I'm really one of those "play it by feel" guys...

Yes, that method works on the ladies too!

Comment

It depends on your body type as much as how your feel. If you are a hard gainer, or ectomorph body type then you need more rest time to let your body heal. I would suggest lifting every other day. If not then go with what you feel like as everyone else has said; although personally I would not train more than three days in row without a day to heal.
          Happy lifting

Comment

Thanks alot. I think I'll try a two day rest period and see what happens. Thanks again.
            A country boy can survive ...

LemonPeppo Art
            www.lemonpeppo.com

Comment

every other day work out.
              LG Sciences Board Rep
              These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.

Comment

Working...
              X