Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Can too much pre-workout over several years cause urinary problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can too much pre-workout over several years cause urinary problems?

Been having issues over the past few years with urination, including the feeling of a need to go and the inability to do so and then the inability to really empty out sometimes when I do go. Or at least, I'll go and then seemingly have to do again not long after. I also had this weird feeling, which I haven't had for quite a while, where I felt a strange sort of contracting feeling in that area, which at times was pretty painful and uncomfortable. That was probably the worst of the effects. And the strange thing was, it seemed as if caffeine exacerbated things. I'd take a pre-workout or drink a high-caffeine drink like Bang! and these effects seemed to occur. I tried to go for the pre-workout stimulates, minus the caffeine, but when I drank a caffeine free-bang or took the beta alanine powder I had, the effects seemed to return. It could just be a correlation without causation, but I wondered if there were any pre-workout, caffeine or stimulant experts with any ideas.

I'm not looking to you guys as a substitute for the urologist, because I've been going there, but those guys are totally clueless about what pre-workout even is, let alone what possible side-effects too much for too long might be.
    A highlight of my best moments submission-grappling

How old are you? I’m no expert but get to a urologist and have your prostate examined. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob S View Post
      How old are you? I’m no expert but get to a urologist and have your prostate examined. Best of luck.
      40 years old. Yeah, I've been a few times and I haven't really gotten answers yet, except that one of them said that whatever is going on, he doesn't think it is enough to do anything invasive at my age. Another one said he was gonna do something to give things a look that wouldn't be overly invasive. I just wish they knew a little more about caffeine and stimulants, because it seems to me that there's some kind of connection, though I could be wrong.
      A highlight of my best moments submission-grappling

Comment

Stop caffeine and stims and see if that helps?

Comment

Working...
        X