Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

KEN SHAMROCK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course he did.

Fun battle of business wits .

Personally i think Dana should find ground to counter sue for him not being in conditon to company standards by the agreed time.
    I'm sure there's a pretty good reason why those contracts are so open in certain clauses though. Not that anyone's planned ahead here by the looks.

I empathise soo hard with these fuckers who are tOtally reliant on fight dollars and can't meet condition . I dont not think he can pull it off or doesn't deserve to if he can, but fUck being in that position.
    I dont think Randy's position is really hard to see after reading that neither.
    It's such b.s. that it comes down to that point. i remember training with a world champion myself and having chats with another trainer who just drove it home to me not to rely on solely that and was put the question "how long we can do this to ourselves and our bodies". I've never forgetten that. i'll nevver forget that. That same guy , .. in fact bOth of those same men have told me that they dont know how to doo anything else.
    Sad stuff . .. fancy a layoff to study something perhaps??? humbling but sound enough. Too bad most fighters can't eat that much real life ego.
    Anyway, if foul's fair and fair's foul then Good Luck to Ken Shamrock and good luck to Dana whom I aLso emapthise with. All's fun in love and business .
    Maybe the best mouth piece win.

Comment

KEN SHAMROCK

Name: Ken Shamrock
      NickName: The World's Most Dangerous Man
      Pro Record: 26-13-2
      DOB: 2/11/1964
      Height: 6'
      Weight: 205
      Weight Range: 202-235
      Affiliation: Lion's Den
      Style: Shootfighting
      Birth City: Macon
      Birth State: GA
      Birth Country: USA
      Home City: San Diego
      Home State: CA
      Home Country: USA
      Trainer: Erik Paulson

26 wins (2 KO's, 22 submissions, 2 decisions), 10 losses (4 KO's, 4 submissions, 2 decisions), 2 draw

Loss, Tito Ortiz,TKO (Referee Stoppage from Strikes), Ultimate Fighting Championship: UFC Fight Night 7, 10/10/2006

Loss, Tito Ortiz, Technical Knock Out, Ultimate Fighting Championship 61: Bitter Rivals, 07/08/2006

Loss, Kazushi Sakuraba, TKO, Pride 30: Fully Loaded, 10/23/2005

Loss, Rich Franklin, TKO (Referee Stoppage from Punches),Ultimate Fighting Championship: The Ultimate Fighter Finale, 04/09/2005

Win, Kimo Leopoldo, KO (Knee), Ultimate Fighting Championship 48: Payback, 06/19/2004

Loss, Tito Ortiz, TKO (Corner Stoppage), Ultimate Fighting Championship 40: Vendetta , 11/22/2002

Loss, Don Frye, Decision (Split Decision), Pride 19: Bad Blood, 2/24/2002

Win, Sam Adkins, Submission (Key Lock), World Mixed Martial Arts Association: Mega Fight 1- Enter the Lions Den, 08/10/2001

Loss, Kazuyuki Fujita, TKO (Corner Threw in the Towel due to Exhaustion), 8/27/2000

Win, Alexander Otsuka, KO (Punches), Pride: Grand Prix 2000 Final Round, 5/1/2000

Win, Brian Johnston, Submission (Forearm Choke), Ultimate Fighting Championship: Ultimate Ultimate 96, 12/07/1996

Loss, Dan Severn, Decision (Split Decision), Ultimate Fighting Championship 9: Motor City Madness, 05/17/1996

Win, Kimo Leopoldo, Submission (Knee Bar), Ultimate Fighting Championship 8: David vs Goliath, 02/16/1996

Win, Yoshiki Takahashi, Decision (Lost Points), Pancrase: Truth 1, 1/28/1996

Win, Katsuomi Inagaki, Submission, Pancrase: Eyes Of Beast 7, 12/14/1995

Draw, Oleg Taktarov, Draw, Ultimate Fighting Championship 7: Brawl in Buffalo, 09/08/1995

Win, Larry Papodopoulos, Submission (Achillies Lock), Pancrase: 1995 Neo-Blood Tournament, Round 1, 7/22/1995

Win, Dan Severn, Submission, Ultimate Fighting Championship 6: Clash of the Titans, 07/14/1995

Loss, Minoru Suzuki, Submission (Knee Bar), Pancrase: Eyes Of Beast 4, 5/13/1995

Draw, Royce Gracie, Draw, Ultimate Fighting Championship 5: Return of the Beast, 04/07/1995

Win, Bas Rutten, Submission (Knee Bar), Pancrase: Eyes of Beast 2, 3/10/1995

Win, Leon Dijk, Submission, Pancrase: Eyes Of Beast 1, 1/26/1995

Win, Manabu Yamada, Decision, Pancrase: King of Pancrase Tournament, Round 2, 12/17/1994

Win, Masakatsu Funaki, Submission (Triangle Choke), Pancrase: King of Pancrase Tournament, Round 2, 12/17/1994

Win, Maurice Smith, Submission (Arm Triangle Choke), Pancrase: King of Pancrase Tournament, Round 1, 12/16/1994

Win, Alex Cook, Submission (Heel Hook), Pancrase: King of Pancrase Tournament, Round 1, 12/16/1994

Win, Takaku Fuke, Submission (Neck Crank), Pancrase: Road to the Championship 5, 10/15/1994

Win, Felix Lee Mitchell, Submission (Rear Naked Choke), Ultimate Fighting Championship 3: The American Dream, 09/09/1994

Win, Christophe Leininger, Submission (Strikes), Ultimate Fighting Championship 3: The American Dream, 09/09/1994

Loss, Masakatsu Funaki, Submission (Rear Naked Choke), Pancrase: Road to the Championship 4, 9/1/1994

Win, Bas Rutten, Submission (Rear Naked Choke), Pancrase: Road to the Championship 3, 7/26/1994

Win, Matt Hume, Submission (Hammerlock), Pancrase: Road to the Championship 2, 7/6/1994

Loss, Frank Lobman, KO (Kick), Pancrase: Road to the Championship 1, 5/31/1994

Win, Ryushi Yanagisawa, Submission, Pancrase: Pancrash 3, 4/21/1994

Loss, Minoru Suzuki, TKO (Referee Stoppage from Knee Injury), Pancrase: Pancrash 1, 1/19/1994

Win, Andre Van Den Oetelaar, Submission (Ankle Lock), Pancrase: Yes, We are Hybrid Wrestlers 4, 12/8/1993

Loss, Royce Gracie, Submission (Rear Naked Choke), Ultimate Fighting Championship 1: The Beginning, 11/12/1993

Win, Patrick Smith, Submission (Heel Hook), Ultimate Fighting Championship 1: The Beginning, 11/12/1993

Win, Takaku Fuke, TKO-Rear Naked Choke, Pancrase: Yes, We are Hybrid Wrestlers 3, 11/8/1993

Win, Yoshiki Takahashi, (Submission) Heel Hook, Pancrase: Yes, We are Hybrid Wrestlers 3, 10/14/1993

Win, Masakatsu Funaki, Submission (Arm Triangle Choke), Pancrase: Yes, We are Hybrid Wrestlers 3, 9/21/1993
      Attached Files
      Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

What a record!

amazing the amount of fights he was in!

Comment

Hey, first video...at about the halfway point..2:30 maybe...that spinning around thing he did was pretty cool. Wirey sucker, ain't he?

Comment

he wuz da best!

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

I thought Randy was the best??

Comment

Originally posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
                I thought Randy was the best??
                He is. Who said otherwise??? Who?? Point him out!! I will ban him for eternity plus a week!!!!
                "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Comment

Ken was known as the worlds most danergous man, for good reason too... just look at his record.. but time has set in and Ken cant keep up with todays fighters (see tito) Randy and Ken never faced each other...

Comment

Originally posted by UkrainianGuy View Post
                    Ken was known as the worlds most danergous man, for good reason too... just look at his record.. but time has set in and Ken cant keep up with todays fighters (see tito) Randy and Ken never faced each other...
                    Aw, come on UG, you don't really think that, do you? Shamrock was a hack. He's never won a single fight against anyone top tier. He's never been top tier himself.

His only decent win was 13 years ago against Severn

There is not one single legitimate win on his record that is worth shit. Everyone he ever fought who was half decent kicked his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by leave1 View Post
                      Aw, come on UG, you don't really think that, do you? Shamrock was a hack. He's never won a single fight against anyone top tier. He's never been top tier himself.

His only decent win was 13 years ago against Severn

There is not one single legitimate win on his record that is worth shit. Everyone he ever fought who was half decent kicked his ass.
                      LMAO, yea Shamrock was a "hack" but he beat Gracie when nobody else could, regardless of the what the outcome says (draw). Yea make sure with your infinite wisdom you tell Bas Rutten that he wasn't a "legitimate win" and Maurice Smith is a chump too right and Dan Severn (you mentioned) and Kimo?

Besides the fact that only people who just recently started watching MMA (7 years ago at best) would say Shamrock is a hack, those people who watched him fight in the 90's, know better.

There is a damn good reason Shamrock is in the HoF and it isn't because you think he is a hack.

Comment

for me the name that stands out on that list is Matt Hume altho his name rings out more for his coaching abilites than his fight record
                        "If they shot Kennedy then imagine what they'll do to you and me" DRINK THE KOOL-AID

Comment

KEN SHAMROCK IS TIGHT.
                          HEZ KINDA OF AN ASSHOLE THOUGH,
                          BUT I USE 2 BOX AT THE GYM HE GOES 2.

Comment

Originally posted by L'italiano Reale View Post
                            LMAO, yea Shamrock was a "hack" but he beat Gracie when nobody else could, regardless of the what the outcome says (draw). Yea make sure with your infinite wisdom you tell Bas Rutten that he wasn't a "legitimate win" and Maurice Smith is a chump too right and Dan Severn (you mentioned) and Kimo?

Besides the fact that only people who just recently started watching MMA (7 years ago at best) would say Shamrock is a hack, those people who watched him fight in the 90's, know better.

There is a damn good reason Shamrock is in the HoF and it isn't because you think he is a hack.

He has two losses to gracie. I don't care what the outcome was, his second fight which you say he won was the most boring in UFC history.

His wins over Bas Rutten occured at the very beginning of Bas' career when Bas was nothing more than a Kickboxer, and had never trained on the ground, or wrestled. He also got those wins in an organisation that was heavily stunted regarding it's striking, so bas was at a complete disadvantage.

Maurice Smith was also in Pancrase, which, again was before Mo learned any kind of takedown defense, even though Pancrase heavily favoured wrestlers.

Oh yeah, haha.. Forgot about Kimo. Ok, you can have that one. The fight he won 12 years ago. So he has one decent win against a self-admittedly completely untrained fighter who had to lie about his skills just to get into the octagon.

I've been watching MMA since UFC 1, I still have the VHS tapes of 1-3 in a box in my attic.
                            Shamrock was nothing in the 90's, the fact that the only wins you can think of are against fighters in non-MMA matches, or against people who aren't even trained lol

I never said he didn't deserve to be in the hall of fame, he helped the sport more than most. But his record is dogshit.

I know you love an argument hitten, but you can't win this one. Shamrock is a fucking joke and he always was.

Comment

Let's go through Shamrocks wins. I'll us efight finder, bottom to top.

Funaki - Pancrase. Non-MMA, Funaki's first fight. Went on to later beat both Shamrocks.

Takahashi - Pancrase. Non-MMA. 2nd ever fight. Entire record is a who's who of losses to b-tier fighters

Fuke - Pancrase. Non-MMA. Who? 16 -28, nuff' said.

Pat Smith - First win in an actual MMA math, Pat's first fight. Not a single decent win on his record.

Den Oetelaar - Pancrase. Non-MMA. Who? 2 - 5. A nobody.

Yanagisawa - Pancrase. Non-MMA. Another fighter with losses to every b-tier fighter you can think of.

Hume
                              - Pancrase. Non-MMA. An acceptable win, I guess. Still, Humes only decent win is against Miletech 11 years ago.

Rutten - Pancrase. Non-MMA. Rutten was not the man we all know him as. He was a strict kickboxer at the time, with absolutely no knowledge of the ground game or takedown defense.

Leninger - WHOOOOOO??????????????????????????????

Mitchell - 2-7 first four fights were 4 losses. WHO?

Fuke - Pancrase. Non-MMA. Already beaten him, 16 - 28. Still a nobody this time round.

Cook - Pancrase. Non-MMA. Who?

Maurice Smith - Pancrase. Non-MMA. Smith's 4th fight, and 2nd loss. Had no concept of takendown defense at the time, and wasn't the man he would later become. Not that he's actually something special anyway. He was good in his day.

Funaki
                              - Pancrase. Non-MMA. Avenged a previous loss to Funaki.

Yamada - Pancrase. Non-MMA. An ok win. but again, another fighter with losses to a shitload of b-tier talent. though eh did have a win over Frank. So I say an ok win.

Dijk - Pancrase. Non-MMA. 6-11. first 6 fights were 6 losses in a row. Who?

Rutten - Pancrase. Non-MMA. Old rutten. See previous entry.

Severn - Legitimate win.

Popadopoulos
                              - Pancrase. Non-MMA. 4-5-3 complete nobody.

Kimo - Totally untrained fighter.

Johnston - 5-5. A nobody who's claim to fame is having his nose broken by BJM

Adkins - 7-19. Nuff' said.

Kimo - A fully trained Kimo who was 41 years old and ocmpletely over the hill, just like shamrock. A possible legit win.

So there is Ken's steller record of wins during his career. Most of them coming from Non MMa events, or from fighters who would go on to become decent, but were pretty shit at the time of his loss.

Ken helped MMA tremendously in the early years due to his marketability, not because of his fighting skill.

Feel free to refute any of what I've written.

Comment

Calling Shamrock a joke then saying you " I never said he didn't deserve to be in the hall of fame" makes no sense. Why would a joke /hack belong in the HoF? Being either of those two would set the bar awfully low and diminish the achievements those fighters are and will be in the HoF.

How does Couture's record look for you? Good enough?

I am not looking for an "argument" just stating that anyone who claims Ken Shamrock is a "hack" and now a "joke" is misguided. Too many people are willing to trash the men before us without regard to their contribution to MMA that paved the way for fighters to have a career and some money.

Shamrock helped pave the way for all MMA fighters and is neither a "hack" or "joke", but someone (there are more) I thank for helping MMA get to where it is today.

Ken's fighting skill was superior to others in the early and late 90's and his fight with Gracie was boring because Gracie, not Shamrock.

Records are just that, records. I think Randy and Ken are great examples of why you can't look only at someone's record to make the determination of how great a fighter was or wasn't.

I won't change your opinion, just state mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X