Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Indiana church that fired gay choir director closing after attendance withers away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana church that fired gay choir director closing after attendance withers away

Indiana church that fired gay choir director closing after attendance withers away

[COLOR=#999999 !important]TRAVIS GETTYS
    17 DEC 2014 AT 14:41 ET
    [/COLOR]

FacebookTwitterMore

Congregants of First United Methodist Church Anderson (Facebook)
    DON'T MISS STORIES. FOLLOW RAW STORY!

[COLOR=#505050][FONT=PT Sans]An Indiana church will close at the end of this year, which saw a large number of congregants walk out in January after forcing its gay choir director to resign.
    David Mantor, pastor of the First United Methodist Church in Alexandria, said attendance and donations had been spiraling downward for 30 years.
    “This is a problem that’s going on everywhere, and that’s why we’re closing,” Mantor said.
    [FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit]

Going to be plenty of out of work preachers soon!

Comment

They could have given him a leave of absence until he got clean
      I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
      JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Smoke n mirrors story. Attendance and donations have been spiraling down but because the choir director was forced to resigned then the church closed? People are leaving the Gospel of Jesus Christ and are instead going after a social gospel = seeker friendly churches as well as political correctness spreading as a virus throughout the nation. This is why churches are closing. People are leaving the Gospel in favor of substitutes and this is why these actions are taking place.

Comment

Originally posted by DEADn View Post
          Smoke n mirrors story. Attendance and donations have been spiraling down but because the choir director was forced to resigned then the church closed? People are leaving the Gospel of Jesus Christ and are instead going after a social gospel = seeker friendly churches as well as political correctness spreading as a virus throughout the nation. This is why churches are closing. People are leaving the Gospel in favor of substitutes and this is why these actions are taking place.
          keep and accept homosexuality and you will stay in business...THAT is the message that they are trying to convey in this story
          JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Christians are the architects of their religion's demise. You guys shoot yourselves in the feet by willfully dismissing facts all the time. That's called lying.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyIII View Post
              keep and accept homosexuality and you will stay in business...THAT is the message that they are trying to convey in this story

It becomes a social gospel. It isn't loving to say certain things are wrong or is sin anymore. What churches even preach on sin anymore?
              I have been to a Presbyterian church before and the message was 'Born again'. Was not biblical at all and no preaching of sin in it and I told the pastor afterwards about that. I was there by invitation.

Comment

It becomes a social gospel. It isn't loving to say certain things are wrong or is sin anymore. What churches even preach on sin anymore?
                I have been to a Presbyterian church before and the message was 'Born again'. Was not biblical at all and no preaching of sin in it and I told the pastor afterwards about that. I was there by invitation.
                How can you look the other way when it comes to adultery, and divorce, but still condemn homosexuality? Master cherry pickers...

Comment

Originally posted by lou0178 View Post
                  Christians are the architects of their religion's demise. You guys shoot yourselves in the feet by willfully dismissing facts all the time. That's called lying.
                  And Atheist's have all the facts and can therefore make very good decisions as a result? I could say that Atheists want to hide from certain facts in order so that they don't have to deal with certain issues for the sake of convenience.

Christian people are not a perfect bunch of people and there are disagreements. Just as there are disagreements with Atheism.........or are Atheist's the perfect community? You read the Epistles and you will find that Paul had to rebuke a few churches for actions they were doing as well. So you are beating a dead horse with your overused argument. Insanity...... doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result. Your argument has been going on since the old days with the same result and yet God still works in the Earth saving the souls of men despite these arguments. Look at China and the revival going on there.

Comment

How can you look the other way when it comes to adultery, and divorce, but still condemn homosexuality? Master cherry pickers...

You cannot look the other way and the church is at fault for being quiet on those first 2 issues anymore and being a hypocrite! As a result it has allowed for the promotion of homosexuality to come forward. You know why these areas are looked at the other way? They are not comfortable in this society to say they are wrong. Just as if you were to say that a couple should not live together before marriage. There is a hypocrisy there and it is the hypocrisy of the heart. The church doesn't preach the Gospel anymore as I said in a previous post. When that happens it opens the door for anything. Does that mean I should stop believing in God because of their hypocrisy? I do for a time................I was an angry as you probably are and that is because my attention was on these stupid people making excuses in God's name. Yeah, It angers me but I realized that my hope and attention isn't on those people. It is on God despite the hypocrisy going on around me. It causes me to walk through the valley of the shadow of darkness but I keep going. My duty is to preach sin and the Gospel of repentance whether or not others hate me for it.

Comment

And Atheist's have all the facts and can therefore make very good decisions as a result? I could say that Atheists want to hide from certain facts in order so that they don't have to deal with certain issues for the sake of convenience.

Christian people are not a perfect bunch of people and there are disagreements. Just as there are disagreements with Atheism.........or are Atheist's the perfect community? You read the Epistles and you will find that Paul had to rebuke a few churches for actions they were doing as well. So you are beating a dead horse with your overused argument. Insanity...... doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result. Your argument has been going on since the old days with the same result and yet God still works in the Earth saving the souls of men despite these arguments. Look at China and the revival going on there.
                      Can you be more specific? I'm sure sometimes this might happen, but I think non-believers are way more apt to admit when they are wrong!

I think the Chinese are hungry for anything Western. People in poverty also seem to gravitate towards faith based beliefs.

A friend from high school has been going to China lately as a missionary. I'm sure his intentions are good, but his message is fabricated.

Comment

You cannot look the other way and the church is at fault for being quiet on those first 2 issues anymore and being a hypocrite! As a result it has allowed for the promotion of homosexuality to come forward. You know why these areas are looked at the other way? They are not comfortable in this society to say they are wrong. Just as if you were to say that a couple should not live together before marriage. There is a hypocrisy there and it is the hypocrisy of the heart. The church doesn't preach the Gospel anymore as I said in a previous post. When that happens it opens the door for anything. Does that mean I should stop believing in God because of their hypocrisy? I do for a time................I was an angry as you probably are and that is because my attention was on these stupid people making excuses in God's name. Yeah, It angers me but I realized that my hope and attention isn't on those people. It is on God despite the hypocrisy going on around me. It causes me to walk through the valley of the shadow of darkness but I keep going. My duty is to preach sin and the Gospel of repentance whether or not others hate me for it.
                        Nice response...

Comment

Can you be more specific? I'm sure sometimes this might happen, but I think non-believers are way more apt to admit when they are wrong!

I think the Chinese are hungry for anything western. People in poverty also seem to gravitate towards faith based beliefs.
                          I am referring to sin and moral value and its origins relating to God against what evolution teaches. People don't want to deal with sin and God as in the Atheist's cases. After all, most Atheist's believe in evolution. I don't. I agree with mutations but mutations doesn't bring about evolution. i.e a whale to wolf...........heard this in a biology class. My intelligence was insulted by that.

Chinese are hungry for things western but there is also a spiritual hunger there as well. When you are in poverty you have no material possession so you have no choice but to call upon God or engage into some kind of spiritualism because these people have a spiritual belief but they do not know who God is. Thus the reason for preachers and evangelists. Materialism as well as rampant immorality in the church is a reason why you see people in America trying to conjure up God miracles. When people trust too much in material possession they trust less in God and forget they are blind and naked. Thus the movement of Atheism is spawned.

Rev 3:17
                          17'Because you say, "I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing," and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked,
                          ]

This is in reference to the spiritual state of being.

Comment

Can you be more specific? I'm sure sometimes this might happen, but I think non-believers are way more apt to admit when they are wrong!I think the Chinese are hungry for anything Western. People in poverty also seem to gravitate towards faith based beliefs.A friend from high school has been going to China lately as a missionary. I'm sure his intentions are good, but his message is fabricated.
                            What message would that be?
                            JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

I am referring to sin and moral value and its origins relating to God against what evolution teaches. People don't want to deal with sin and God as in the Atheist's cases. After all, most Atheist's believe in evolution. I don't. I agree with mutations but mutations doesn't bring about evolution. i.e a whale to wolf...........heard this in a biology class. My intelligence was insulted by that.Chinese are hungry for things western but there is also a spiritual hunger there as well. When you are in poverty you have no material possession so you have no choice but to call upon God or engage into some kind of spiritualism because these people have a spiritual belief but they do not know who God is. Thus the reason for preachers and evangelists. Materialism as well as rampant immorality in the church is a reason why you see people in America trying to conjure up God miracles. When people trust too much in material possession they trust less in God and forget they are blind and naked. Thus the movement of Atheism is spawned.]This is in reference to the spiritual state of being.
                              remember the wealthy businessman in God is NOT dead? His mother had elzeimer and the Holy Ghost came onto her and she told her son that the devil was keeping him in a prison which to him felt temporarily as a cozy place, but nonetheless he was in a prison, and soon the prison bars would have shut closed...forever
                              JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Working...
                              X