Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

9/11 NEVER FORGET

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im a Brooklynite, so therefore Im also a NYCer. Growing up I could walk down flatbush avenue in Park Slope and I'd be able to see the towers peaking over the low buildings, and even the tallest building in Brooklyn. They were a beautiful sight, pillars in a clear blue sky. Now I have to wait to see such a sight again b/c of fucking squabbles over how to build the damn memorial! They are not gonna have any of it built in time in two years for the 10th anniversary at the rate the city and the architects keep bickering.

I'll always remember the thought the entire latin class was making a sick joke until the middle school head broke the news in an emergency school meeting. I mourn the lives lost that day, and as a New Yorker, I want to see Obama Bin Laden in chains in Times Square so I can personally rip him limb from limb!
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

Lol people in NY are kinda sick of it too. Like Tsunamis aren't killing hundreds of thousands of people, and like Swede isn't infecting beautiful Scandinavian chicks that would much rather be having sex with me! That's easily more tragic than 911. Oh and flexmaster, I say the trail of tears also beats 911 as the worst day in American history.

Comment

That was one bad day at the office......

In all seriousness, Im from the UK but stayed in New York for 2 months early 09 and visiting the site was a sombre experiance even to a sarcastic know it all like myself, gave a true feel of the scale of it.

Comment

The fact that "LOL" and "hilarious" are being used in a thread about the 9/11 attacks sickens me. I guess no one knew someone that was killed. I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob S View Post
            The fact that "LOL" and "hilarious" are being used in a thread about the 9/11 attacks sickens me. I guess no one knew someone that was killed. I did.

and the people that makes jokes Didn't.............

You're sad about it, some people aren't.
            You should be able to accept that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimebag_Jimmy View Post
              That was one bad day at the office......
              OUCH

Comment

Originally posted by Swede View Post
                and the people that makes jokes Didn't.............

You're sad about it, some people aren't.
                You should be able to accept that.

You'd feel differently if you were in my shoes. I hope you never are.

Comment

You should be secure enough in yourself to let people joke about it without getting emotional..
                  You find it sad.. I dont..

I probably find stuff sad that you don't etc..
                  I hope you understand im not trying to provoke or anything just explaining.

Losing someone is always tragic, but it happens every single second.

Comment

I'm sure what you're feeling is the same as of any of who've lost a friend or family member too soon. However, Swede and others to have a valid point. Do you, Bob S, stop what you are doing every August 6, and give a prayer for the 80K plus lives lost in Hiroshima?

While 9/11/01 is fresh in most American's minds, it's becoming an echo that's lasted too long for others. I understand that it's not just a simple matter of "Forgive and Forget". But, 9-11 has been pimped harder by our government to sell fear than anything else in our nations history.

The attacks on our soil were unjust and merely acts of cowards. Yet, we must not forget we as a nation, have sent thousands of troops, planes, bombs, into other countries and done almost identical things. ( worse yet, Hiroshima)

I apologize and send my deep regrets to anyone who lost a loved one in this attack. My intent was to never be rude or unpatriotic, but we as a nation need to stop using 9/11 as public service announcement for Politicians to use for basically anything they want. As I am sure that today the "terror level" will be raised,un-affecting most, but still striking a false sense of fear.

My condolences to you, Bob S and anyone else who feels victimized by, "9-11"

Sincerely,

Carson

Comment

that was beautiful

Comment

Whether we're sad or not.. should at least have enough respect for people not to post "funny" videos and laugh it up and shit. I'm from Canada, I didnt know anyone in the towers but holy fuck.. can you imagine some guy, who's wife died, may be sittin at home reading this right now watching these dumb fucking videos...

Not trying to be a prick but.. lets try and think of others a little bit fellas. Not normal for us as a people to be fucking considerate anymore.. but lets give it a try shall we?

Comment

I find pretty damn ironic how sad americans are over this when you guys are the same people that dropped the hiroshima bomb killing 80,000 people.

I guess you guys need something to hate as a country or something.

Japan attacked Pearl Harbor so yeah its sad that 80K people died, but it was a war THEY started!!!!
                          SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                          2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Comment

I find pretty damn ironic how sad americans are over this when you guys are the same people that dropped the hiroshima bomb killing 80,000 people.

I guess you guys need something to hate as a country or something.
                              How dare you compare dropping the bomb to 9/11. The USA was attacked unprovoked at pearl Harbor. WWII was not a war of choice but a fight for survival and freedom. Had we not dropped the bomb it is estimated that over 1 million US and allied soldiers would have been killed taking mainland Japan not to mention the millions more Japanese who would have perished.
                              9/11 was perpetrated by radical extremist thugs who sole purpose was to kill innocent men, women, and children. This was nothing short of mass murder.
                              I thank God that we have Men and Women who wear the uniform that aren't afraid to stand and fight for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post
                                Japan attacked Pearl Harbor so yeah its sad that 80K people died, but it was a war THEY started!!!!
                                How about all the wars USA started?

I almost made it to the end of the thread without replying...

Comment

Working...
                                X