Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

METALLICA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just remembered a slightly more obscure Metallica album that's fucking excellent, and that's Garage Inc. especially disc 2 (with the EP Garage days re-revisited at the beginning). It's all covers, but good shit nonetheless.

Comment

In no particular order....

Battery
      Dyers Eve
      All Within My Hands
      “War is peace.
      Freedom is slavery.
      Ignorance is strength.”
      ― George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by The Celt View Post
        In no particular order....

Battery
        Dyers Eve
        All Within My Hands
        Really?

Man, it shows just how little I've actually listened to that album. I had to look up that song title.

Comment

Originally posted by RJP View Post
          Really?

Man, it shows just how little I've actually listened to that album. I had to look up that song title.
          Yeah they got back to basics on St Anger. I know some people will always compare them to the 1st 4 albums, but every band grows, those who don't get buried. Purify was a good one too I thought, 1st all around solid album in a while..

I'm interested to see how they're gonna do with Rick Rubin on the new disc....
          “War is peace.
          Freedom is slavery.
          Ignorance is strength.”
          ― George Orwell

Comment

For Whom The Bell Tolls
            Seek & Destroy
            Battery

Pretty much everything off the first 3 albums is great.
            Master Of Puppets, Welcome Home, Leper Messiah, Fight Fire With Fire, Ride The Lightning, Fade To Black, Creeping Death, the Four Horseman, Pulling Teeth, etc...

After that they started going down hill. They really missed having Burton and Mustaine in the band.

I saw them play a club in Boston shortly after Ride The Lightning came out. They were awesome. The show was Metallica, WASP, and Armored Saint. A great night for metal in a little club.

Comment

Originally posted by The Celt View Post
              Yeah they got back to basics on St Anger. I know some people will always compare them to the 1st 4 albums, but every band grows, those who don't get buried. Purify was a good one too I thought, 1st all around solid album in a while..

I'm interested to see how they're gonna do with Rick Rubin on the new disc....
              I honestly didn't care for St. Anger. I was really looking forward to it and early radio play of the title song had me pretty stoked but in the end I was so disappointed I just couldn't listen to it. The drums sound like garbage cans, no solos and IMO less than Metallica quality lyrics. I may try again at some point.

I am pretty excited about the new one though. I've heard "The New Song" on the radio quite a bit and it's pretty good...who knows if it will actually make it to the album but if it's any indication of the quality of the new songs then it's definitely promising. Sucks though that it was supposed to be released this month and they pushed it back to the fall I think.

Comment

I honestly didn't care for St. Anger. I was really looking forward to it and early radio play of the title song had me pretty stoked but in the end I was so disappointed I just couldn't listen to it. The drums sound like garbage cans, no solos and IMO less than Metallica quality lyrics. I may try again at some point.

I am pretty excited about the new one though. I've heard "The New Song" on the radio quite a bit and it's pretty good...who knows if it will actually make it to the album but if it's any indication of the quality of the new songs then it's definitely promising. Sucks though that it was supposed to be released this month and they pushed it back to the fall I think.
                Yeah i couldn't believe it got pushed back so far, I don't know what could have caused that? I like St Anger because they kept it simple, the snare can get a little annoying, but the absence of any solos didn't bother me. They just chucked and ripped their way through it, which I missed about their stuff lately.
                “War is peace.
                Freedom is slavery.
                Ignorance is strength.”
                ― George Orwell

Comment

I really like the lo-fi sort of sound of the drums on St Anger.

The lyrics of late have got weirdly introspective. Mid life crisis kind of shit.

Comment

Really? Man I couldn't take those drums.

I don't mind the introspective lyrics...they just sounded very forced. James used to handle the lyric duties and apparently they let everyone else contribute. Sometimes a dictatorship is better.

The lack of solos I could have lived with if they songs were better. Like I said, I might go back some day and give it another try. After all, I actually think Reload is a pretty good album all things considered.

Comment

1. Master of Puppets
                      2. Creeping Death
                      3. One

Comment

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X